If you are in the entertainment industry, then you have most likely been hard-hit by the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. For both Union and Non-Union crew members, everyone is dealing with the loss of work. Here is a list of organizations providing financial support during this emergency period:
1) The SAG-AFTRA Foundation has launched a COVID-19 disaster fund to provide emergency financial assistance to current SAG-AFTRA members. The aid covers such necessary expenses as rent, mortgage payments, utilities, and medical bills. The union has detailed a list of resources on its website for members, and applications for assistance can be made online at https://sagaftra.foundation/assistance/disasterrelief.
2) Will Rogers Motion Picture Pioneers Assistance Fund. The fund says it will spend millions trying to provide some relief to those who work in theatrical exhibition, distribution or vendors exclusive to it. Applicants can apply for help by calling (888) 994-3863, ext. 6003, or via email at the website https://wrpioneers.org/contact.
3) #PayUpHollywood, a group that has been advocating for the rights of assistants, along with several leading TV writers and others, has raised more than $500,000 on GoFundMe for up to 800 Los Angeles-based support staff affected by production shutdowns. Those facing wage losses caused by production cancellations can receive payouts of $600 to $1,050. For more information, contact: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/GQKXL5K.
4) The Motion Picture and Television Fund offers a variety of services to provide emotional and financial assistance to qualified industry members. MPTF President and CEO Bob Beitcher said the group’s intake line is four times busier than usual. “The calls are mainly focused … around health insurance, around strategies for dealing with banks on mortgages and auto payments, landlords, utility companies and credit card companies,” Beitcher said. “There is high anxiety,” Beitcher said the fund is ready to help those in the industry in need of medical, financial and emotional assistance. For further information, visit https://mptf.com or call 323-634-3888.
5) The Actors Fund, which assists actors, performers, and film crew workers, is offering emergency financial assistance to individuals with immediate financial needs. Those unable to pay their necessary living expenses such as food, housing, and healthcare over the next two months can seek help through the group’s website. For applications, go to actorsfund.jotform.com/200766730518860.