“We are pleased that we were able to work with SAG-AFTRA to address these issues unique to Netflix’s production needs,” added Netflix chief content officer Ted Sarandos.
The accomplishments of the contract include:
• Minimum salary and turnaround provisions shall now be applicable to all Netflix programs regardless of whether they trigger the “high budget SVOD” thresholds, an important breakthrough for performers.
• Netflix has recognized that performances recorded using performance capture technology is covered work with all the protections of any other type of performance, subject to a mutual reservation with respect to fully animated motion pictures.
• Concessions in the area of consecutive employment for guest stars and day performers employed on episodic series.
• All Netflix dubbing for foreign language live-action and animated motion pictures dubbed into English in the United States to be done under a union agreement with improved terms.
• The agreement covers how to pay residuals for motion pictures that were produced under a SAG-AFTRA theatrical contract that are exhibited on Netflix.
• Stunt performers will no longer have adjustments considered in determining their eligibility for overtime for episodic productions.
• “Historic” new limitations on the ability to advance pay residuals.
– Excerpt from an article for Deadline by here.. Find the full article
Disclaimer: Please note that the information contained within this news post and site is offered simply as a consideration to visitors who are in the entertainment industry and are seeking to learn more about various areas of entertainment, be it in film, movies, television, music, digital, new media, film financing, merchandising and/or branding. As such, the information so provided should never be construed as legal advice. If you need further assistance or legal advice for your specific matter, please do not hesitate in contacting an entertainment attorney (film, music, digital, licensing, financing) here in Los Angeles, California at The Hollywood Lawyer by(1) emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; (2) calling us at (323) 300-4184; or (3) filling out our online form. www.thehollywoodlawyer.com.